Ways to Clean Out Your System In 24 Hours: The Do's And Don'ts
No matter where you go, there’s no escaping the harsh reality of a drug test! For most jobs, you’re expected to be prepared to pass a drug test on the spot, which means you should always proceed with caution.
The good news is there are a handful of ways to completely clean your system and pass a drug test with a few simple steps!
In this guide, we’ll talk about different types of tests and the best way to get rid of drugs in your body for each method. Read on to find out how to clean your system for a drug test in under 24 hours!
The Half-Life Of Drugs
Some drugs exit the body faster than others, only taking a couple of hours to leave the system so you can get clean in time to pass the test. However, others stick around for much longer than expected.
Most synthetic and prescription drugs exit the body anywhere between a few hours to a few days, but one of the hardest drugs to get rid of is weed! THC metabolites stick to your fat cells and stay in your system for up to three months if you’re a heavy weed smoker. Here are the different factors that affect the length of time it takes for drug metabolites to get processed by your system:
- Dose or Potency – Some strains contain high levels of THC which can make you fail a marijuana drug test easily. The stronger the potency, the more cannabis metabolites will be produced in your body.
- Consumption Frequency – Mild to moderate smokers can find a natural way to clean their body in a short space of time. Chronic users will have a lot more trouble.
- Body Fat Percentage – Your health, BMI, and metabolism are crucial in the process of detoxification. The more fat you have, the harder it’ll be for you to shed the toxins in your body.
How The Human Body Metabolizes Substances
When you smoke or ingest cannabis, the enzymes in your liver will start to break down the substances. This produces THC metabolites. After some time, the weed metabolites work their way into your kidneys for the detoxification process. Eventually, the process of elimination starts in your bladder, bowels, and skin, exiting your system in the form of urine, feces, and sweat.
Passing vs Failing Results
Keep in mind that to pass a drug test, the amount of drugs in your body should be below 50 ng/ml – anything over this number will trigger a failed result. If you don’t figure out a way to get clean quickly, you could miss out on a job opportunity, face disciplinary consequences, or get fired.
Types Of Drug Tests
Employers use different types of drug tests depending on the company’s standard procedures. Each type of drug test has a certain detection threshold, so it’s important to know what you’re dealing with so you can use the information to your advantage. Either way, most of them are five, seven, or ten panel tests that screen for the following substances:
- Other prescription drugs
A urine drug test is the most popular choice for companies because it’s cheap, efficient, and reliable with a detection window of seven to 90 days. Urine samples are taken at a drug testing lab and each sample cup is analyzed for traces of drugs. Your urine can reveal a lot about your habits, but thankfully, urine tests are easier to beat than most types of drug tests!
Hair Follicle Test
A hair test can detect drug use for up to 3 months, but it won’t show when you used a certain substance. This makes it one of the rarest types to encounter, and it’s mostly used for monitoring an employee’s rehabilitation progress.
Check our step-by-step guide on how to beat the hair follicle strand test here.
Mouth Swab Test
A mouth swab test uses your saliva to look for detectable traces of drugs in your system. Your teeth, gums, tongue, and inner cheeks can reveal drug use for up to 72 hours. This is the standard test for group hiring events and interviews since it’s so easy to conduct. Most companies use this method for on-site accidents to check for evidence of impairment while on duty.
A blood test can only detect drugs within 24 to 48 hours, so it has the shortest detection period compared to other types of tests. Because of this, companies rarely choose this as their first option – but it’s also one of the hardest to fake! In any case, you should never rule this out as an option since some employers are more concerned about catching recent drug use than anything else.
How To Get Drugs Out Of Your System In 24 Hours
Now that we’ve covered all the essentials, let’s talk about four solutions that can help you pass a drug test in one day. From cleansing products and fake urine to drug detox pills and detox drinks, here are a few sure fire ways to clean your entire body on short notice!
Toxin Rid 10 Day Detox
Detox drinks are the best way to pass almost any sort of test, so it’s important to use a trustworthy brand. This high-quality detox kit comes with everything you need to speed up the natural detox processes of your body. Although it’s set up for a ten-day cleansing program, you can also use the same detox products to pass a drug test in less than a day.
Every time you take a detox pill with a detox drink, the toxin levels in your body decrease, helping you pass a drug test for urine, saliva, and blood! Toxin Rid 10 Day Detox is the fastest way to help you get clean with organic ingredients and nutrients. On the day of your test, all you have to do is take the liquid THC detox drink according to the instructions and you’ll be good to go!
If you want to learn more about how this product works in your body, check out our best detox pills for drug test.
Clear Choice Sub Solution
If you’re wondering how to pass a urine drug test in 24 hours; Clear Choice Sub-Solution should be your first option. This product is head and shoulders above all other competitors on the market. The key difference lies in its unique urine formula: its compounds are made with the same chemicals found in real human urine, using a combination of uric acid, urea, and creatinine for the perfect balance.
Each box comes with the fake pee solution and a special heat activator powder so you can warm the sample up to the correct temperature range. It looks, smells, and registers as the real thing, so you’ll have nothing to worry about! Simply swap out your contaminated urine with a fake sample and you won’t have any problems getting clean results.
If you want to find out how to pass a urine drug test in an hour with Clear Choice, read our best synthetic urine guide!
Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid Shampoo
The best way to pass a hair follicle test is with the right deep cleansing product! Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid Shampoo uses organic Aloe vera extracts to coat your strands and remove chemicals, lowering the toxin count in each follicle. Don’t let the price tag stop you from trying out this revolutionary product, because a little bit goes a long way!
Just lather it on for at least 15 minutes then rinse it off thoroughly. You can use this shampoo every time you shower leading up to the test – you can even use it more than two times a day if you want to play it extra safe!
To learn more details about the effects of Old Style, read our review on hair follicle detox shampoo.
Toxin Rid Rescue Wash Mouthwash
This product is the most convenient way to pass a mouth swab test. Unlike your body, the glands in your mouth can only have detectable amounts of drugs for a few hours. But this doesn’t mean you don’t have a chance of getting caught unprepared!
Toxin Rid Rescue Wash Mouthwash is the fastest way to clean up your saliva right before a drug test, so you should always carry a bottle on you in case of emergencies. It’s quick, simple, and discreet – just swish it around to coat the insides of your mouth a few times before your test, and you’ll be spotless in no time.
For more info on how to use Rescue Wash, read up on our in-depth guide on how to pass a mouth swab test.
Less Effective Alternatives
Drug users have used creative strategies with natural home remedies and old school methods. The problem with relying on a home remedy is the risk of failure – just because it works for one person doesn’t mean it’ll work for you. Here are six things to consider if you don’t have any other option:
- Water Detox – Water is nature’s purest detox drink, and drinking liters of it will help flush toxins from your system into your urine and aid in dilution.
- Diuretics – Using natural diuretics and fat burners like cranberry juice or green tea is a popular way to flood metabolites into your urine and out of your system.
- Acidic Detox Drink – Some people have used lemon juice or apple cider vinegar to help balance their urine PH levels and encourage a faster metabolic rate. Unfortunately, there’s no evidence to back up its effects on a drug test.
- Adulterants – If somebody tells you that introducing baking soda or bleach into your urine sample is a good idea, you should reconsider. Getting caught with an adulterated drug test is even worse than failing!
- Controlled Urine Stream – Many people believe that your first pee has the most concentrated levels of drug toxins. So, waiting until you’re closer to the end of your stream is ideal for a more diluted sample, but it’s also unreliable.
- Vitamins and Medicine – Taking niacin, vitamins, and other organic supplements sounds effective, but it could be a waste of money since they aren’t proven to work. Some medications might even damage your kidneys!
Detox Pro Tips
If you want to make sure you stay clean at all times, there are some simple steps to improve your performance and maintain optimal conditions in your body. Here are some easy ways to keep your urine, blood, and saliva in check so you can pass a drug test anytime:
- Drink lots of water to hydrate your body – you can even take a daily detox drink!
- Treat your body right by eating a healthy diet with plenty of fruit, vegetables, and fiber.
- Sweat daily and lead an active lifestyle with regular exercise, but never do it 24 hours before a test!
- Don’t buy anything from cheap shops on the internet – only trust products backed by customer reviews.
- Make use of home drug test kits help you determine the level of drugs in your body before a test.
- Avoid consuming foods that can cause a false positive on your drug test results.