Hair tests are becoming one of the most difficult drug tests to pass and it can get hella stressful to prepare for them! There are only a few ways to guarantee clean results, so it’s important to do your research and be skeptical.
A popular technique is The Jerry G Method which suggests that bleaching and dyeing your hair with ammonia is the way to go. But does it actually work? Keep reading for my complete Jerry G Method review to learn more about it!
What is the Jerry G Method?
The Jerry G Method removes traces of THC metabolites in your hair by using bleach and dye that contains ammonia. It’s believed that damaging your hair stands is a viable way to open the hair’s cuticles and strip them off of any detectable drug metabolites left on your hair and scalp.
How Does a Hair Test Work?
A hair drug test is performed by cutting a small portion of your hair, usually on the nape of your neck. Your hair sample gets sent to a lab where they can determine if you’ve used marijuana or any drug within the past three months.
The reason why it’s so hard to pass this is that 1) it can detect very small amounts of drug use from up to 90 days ago and 2) cleaning the root of your hair is a damn burden.
How to Use The Jerry G Method
The awesome thing about The Jerry G Method is that you can find some of the products you’ll need at your local grocery. It’s also one of the cheapest hair drug test methods out there, so it’s not hard to see why so many people have tried it.
What You’ll Need:
- Baking Soda
- Permanent Hair Dye
- Ultra Clean Shampoo
- Toxin Wash Shampoo
- First thing’s first: Drop the joint, buddy. You’re going to need to stop using marijuana and all the other drugs you have stashed in your closet if you want to pass that hair drug test.
- Apply bleach and permanent hair dye that contains ammonia. The ammonia is an important ingredient because it penetrates and damages the hair cuticle.
- Wash your hair with Toxin Rid Wash Shampoo and make sure to lather the solution evenly. Rinse after as you normally would and you are good for the day.
- Exactly 10 days after the first application, bleach and dye your hair one more time. Make sure you wait until the tenth day because some people claim it won’t work if you do this step too soon!
- On the day of your hair test, make a baking soda and water paste and massage it onto your scalp. Leave the baking soda paste on for about 10-20 minutes.
- Wash your hair with Toxin Wash Shampoo, rinse with warm water, and then use Ultra Clean Shampoo for your final wash.
Tips & Tricks
- If you don’t know anything about bleaching your hair, get a friend to do it for you like I did or consider spending some extra cash to have it done professionally. BLEACH CAN BURN YOUR SKIN, so be careful.
- Choose a dye color that closely resembles your natural hair color. You might be able to pass a hair drug test but if people find it suspicious that you randomly colored your hair bright blue over the weekend, then you could be flagged as non-compliant.
- Use TWO boxes of hair dye if your hair is long and/or thick.
- If you don’t have 10 days, you can still try to wait for as long as you possibly can before the baking soda step. Otherwise, you might be better off using a different method.
- Accessible and affordable products
- Damaged hair is known to be harder to test for drugs
- Your new hair color might look cool on you
- You’ll need 10 days to complete all the steps
- Ultra Clean will no longer be effective after 24 hours
- Inconsistent results. Some people pass, some people fail
Is The Jerry G Method Safe To Use?
For the most part, yes. The Jerry G Method uses some ingredients that contain pretty harsh chemicals, so it’s not recommended for anyone with sensitive skin. Safety depends largely on the brands of dye and bleach you use, so read the ingredients of every product carefully.
How Come Some People Who Used The Jerry G Method Failed Their Drug Test?
The Jerry G Method’s success rate isn’t exactly known. Although several people encourage others to give this method a try, there’s no statistical estimate of how likely you are to pass or fail the hair test if you do this.
It’s possible that some of the people who used this method and failed their test didn’t have more than a week to spare and did the baking soda step too soon.
Another possibility is that hair that’s never been dyed before might not be damaged enough after only two applications of bleach and dye. This suggests that maybe this method is more suitable for people who have colored their hair before.
Want to learn more? Here is our complete guide on how to pass the hair strand test.
Is The Macujo Method More Reliable?
YES. The Macujo Method is a popular hair detoxifying technique that’s received A TON of positive feedback compared to the Jerry G Method. It’s more expensive than Jerry G, but it seems worth the extra cash since it doesn’t damage your hair permanently with chemicals.
Final Thoughts On the Jerry G Method & Hair Tests
I was really happy to have passed my hair drug test, but I’m hesitant to recommend the Jerry G Method since I’ve had friends who used it after I did and failed. There are just too many possibilities for it to fail – so it’s not a risk I’d advise anyone to take.
Instead, I suggest using The Macujo Method since it gives everyone a better chance at passing. One of the main products it uses is the Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid Shampoo which gets the job done way more efficiently and effectively without killing your hair. It’s got one of the best track records for getting rid of drug metabolites so I’d say you’re better off investing in this method instead.