Last Updated on
Detoxing for a drug test can get complicated, and a big part of the process is making sure that your detox program actually works! Thankfully, you can skip the guesswork with home drug test kits.
In this article, we take a quick look at what it takes to pass a urine drug test along with a comprehensive review of ITG Labs. Find out why we think it’s giving other easy home drug test kits a run for their money!
A Primer On Detoxing
The only way to get fully clean before a drug test is through detoxing. There’s a couple of ways to go about detoxing but usually, it involves these lifestyle changes:
- Exercising daily
- Eating healthy foods that contain essential vitamins and minerals
- Abstaining from drugs and alcohol
- Upping the daily water intake
- Sweating out the toxins
While these are effective in helping the body get clean, it might take a while before your body is completely free from traces of drugs or toxins. Fortunately, you can speed up your body’s natural detoxing process with detox programs.
Going on a detox program helps your body get rid of stubborn drug metabolites at a much faster rate. They usually take the form of capsules or pills that you take for a specific time period leading up to your drug test. Detox kits harness the detoxifying qualities of all-natural ingredients, so they’re a hundred percent safe and shouldn’t cause any side effects.
Here’s how it works: The detox pills kick your body’s natural detoxification process into overdrive, speeding up the removal of stubborn drug traces and harmful toxins. During the detoxification process, the traces of drugs are then expelled naturally through your urine, feces, and sweat.
If you want to purchase a reliable detox drinks, but don’t know where to start, head on over to our best detox drinks for drug test guide.
The Importance of a Home Drug Test
Going on a detox program is impractical if you’re not keeping track of your progress. Knowing where your sample stands prior to your actual drug test will inform you if your detox kit is actually working.
If you can get your hands on a reliable home drug test, you can check your progress prior to the actual test date – that way you can be completely confident walking into the clinic.
But just how effective are home drug tests? Are they anywhere near as accurate as their laboratory counterparts?
Home Drug Tests vs Lab Drug Test
Home and lab drug tests employ the same system to determine if your sample has traces of drugs. Both use cut-off levels which check if the concentration of a certain substance poses a safety risk. If your sample tests below the cut-off level, you pass the drug test – if it tests above, then you fail.
When it comes to accuracy, both home and lab drug tests are capable of precisely specifying if a sample has any traces of drug metabolites. While laboratory drug tests offer an almost perfect accuracy rate, modern technology has made it possible for some home drug test kits to have a 99% accuracy rate.
Ultimately, the difference in accuracy is negligible – so, if you want the convenience of doing it from the comfort of your house, home drug tests are for you.
About ITG Labs
ITG Labs is a testing and research lab based in Redmond, Washington. Their service testing and analysis research utilities have been employed by numerous organizations such as the World Health Organization, the National Cancer Institute, and the US Army Medical Research and Development command. Aside from this, their close ties with the University of Washington’s Department of Pharmacology has made them a trusted institution by several private pharmaceutical, agricultural and biotech companies.
One thing that’s noteworthy about ITG labs is that they’ve been around for 25 years. This has given them enough time to adapt and perfect their toxicology and pharmaceutical programs. They also strictly adhere to the government mandated rules and qualifications with regards to drug testing – so you know their home drug test kits are extremely reliable!
What Home Solutions Does ITG Labs Offer?
ITG Labs offers a wide range of easy home drug test kits and drug identification kits. They guarantee a 99% accuracy rate on both of these devices – a rare find for home drug solutions.
Unlike other home drug test kits (like the Prescreen Plus Mini) which offer a multi-panel testing cup or dipping stick, ITG Labs home drug test kits come in the form of individual drug testing kits. This is further proof of their high accuracy rate, as you know that your home drug test kit focuses on analyzing only one substance.
ITG Labs individual home drug test dipping kits can test for these substances:
- THC (Marijuana)
- K2/Spice/Synthetic marijuana
If you want to test for multiple drugs at the same time, ITG Labs also offers multi-panel home drug test kits. You can choose between these two options, depending on the number of drugs that you want to test for:
- A five-panel multi-drug home dip test which checks for these five substances: cocaine, methamphetamine, amphetamine, THC, and opiates.
- A ten-panel multi-drug home dip test which checks for these five substances: cocaine, methamphetamine, amphetamine, THC, opiates, methadone, PCP, barbiturates, ecstasy, and benzodiazepine.
ITG Labs also has drug identification kits that you can use to identify an unknown substance. From marijuana to heroin, these drug identification kits will easily confirm if you’ve got an illegal substance on your hands.
How To Use ITG Labs Home Drug Dip Test Kits
When you purchase an ITG Labs home drug test kits, here’s what you’ll get in the package:
- One single-use home drug dip test
- Instruction sheet
To use an ITG Labs easy home drug test dip kit, strictly follow these instructions:
- Make sure that your ITG Labs home drug test dip kit pouch is at room temperature before opening. As soon as the drug test dip kits are removed from the sealed pouch, use it immediately.
- Remove the cap off from the ends of the testing dips. Ensure that the arrows plastered on the dip kits are pointing toward the urine samples.
- Fully immerse the test panels vertically in the urine sample for a minimum of 10 seconds, maximum of 15. When immersing the dip kit, make sure that the urine sample does not engulf or pass through the arrows plastered on the side of the dip kit.
- Finally, put the dip kits on top of a hydrophilic surface. You can now start counting down and wait for the accurate results of your home drug test kit. The results should be viewed five minutes after immersing the dip kit in the urine sample.
How To Read Your ITG Labs Home Drug Testing Kit Results
The results of your ITG Labs home drug test dip kits are straightforward and easy to read. Here’s a short guide on how to read what shows up on the dip stick’s panel:
- If negative, two lines will shortly be visible on the drug test’s panel. The first line will be in the control region and a strongly-colored or faded line will appear in the test region. What this means is that your urine sample has an undetectable level of the substance that the drug test analyzes for. One thing to take note of is that the line that appears on the test region will vary in visible-ness. But no matter how faint it is, the test should be considered negative if a line turns up in the test region.
- If positive, one line will show up in the control region. The test region will be free from any colored lines. When this happens, this means that your urine sample contains an amount of the drugs that is greater than the dictated cut-off levels.
- Your results will be considered invalid if no line appears in the control region. Reasons for this happening might be: One, you’ve provided an insufficient amount of the urine sample; or two, you failed to strictly follow the home drug test instructions.
ITG Labs Review: Our Two Cents
We’ve tested the drug testing dip kits from ITG Labs and it blew us away! For our review, we’ve tested two different samples using two ITG Labs drug test dip kit – one was laced with the drug while the other one was clean. We weren’t surprised when both drug test dip kits showed accurate results.
Here’s what we loved about the whole process: One, the drug tests had very clear instructions on what to do, so there isn’t any chance that you’ll screw this up. Two, there’s not much confusion on the results as long as you follow the instructions strictly. And lastly, The wait time is very reasonable – it’s only 5 minutes!
ITG drug testing kits are the best on the market because they’re easy-to-use, economical, and have a high accuracy rate. There’s no need to waste your cash buying a multi-panel drug test kit if you’ve got one that tests for drugs individually. This is especially important if you’re confident that you’ve only dipped your toe in one illicit substance.
Another thing that we love about ITG Labs is that they’ve got a wide selection of individual drug test kits for every casual user out there. ITG Labs is eager to make sure that no one gets left behind in putting their safety and job security first.
Overall, ITG Labs offer the best home drug test kits that you can find on the market. Settling for inferior and less accurate drug testing kits won’t cut it. If you want to see how ITG Labs compares with other home drug test kits on the market, check out our comprehensive overview of the best home drug test kits.