How to Pass a Hair Follicle Drug Test - Can You Pass a Hair Test?
To pass a hair follicle drug test, you’ll need a powerful detox shampoo and preferably a good cleanser. The goal is to remove traces of drugs from inside the hair cuticles. This process may require a little patience, but I’ve listed all the steps, plus the products you’ll need to learn how to beat a hair follicle test!
How Does a Hair Follicle Drug Test Work?
During a hair follicle test, a lab worker will chop hair from a few places off the back of your head. If you have no hair on your head, they’ll take hair from your armpit, chest, legs, or arms.
Once they’ve collected enough strands, they’ll send it to the lab for hair drug testing. There, they’ll analyze if illicit substances are present in your hair follicles.
How Long Does a Hair Follicle Drug Test Go Back?
Hair follicle drug tests have become more prevalent in the past decade because they can detect marijuana use from the past 90 days. They’re also less expensive than blood tests. To make matters worse, the hair follicle drug test cutoff levels for marijuana is at 0.10 pg/mg, which means that even a minute amount of the substance can cause you to test positive.
Want to learn more? Here is our complete guide “How Long Does Weed Stay In Your Hair: Will You Test Positive?”
5 Ways to Pass a Hair Follicle Drug Test
Before anything, stop drug use immediately. Even if you use special products to detoxify your hair, none of them will work if you keep smoking.
Additionally, be sure to wash or discard any object that might have had contact with your head. This includes beanies, hats, hairbrushes, pillowcases, and headrests. Don’t reuse shower caps each time you wash your hair, either. These precautionary measures will prevent you from contaminating your hair follicles with toxins after washing.
Now let’s get to the good stuff! Below I’ve listed the 5 best ways to beat a hair test:
Method 1: Use a Detox Shampoo
THC metabolites in hair can’t be removed by regular shampoo alone. It’s stored in the inner layers of the hair, which is surrounded by the cuticle.
What you need is a powerful detox shampoo that can open up your hair cuticles and remove toxins from the inside. For this, I recommend Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid Shampoo. (More info on Aloe Toxin Rid Shampoo.)
This deep cleansing formula has propylene glycol, a type of synthetic alcohol that functions as an antioxidant, emulsion stabilizer, and moisturizer. This chemical opens up hair cuticles and removes drug metabolites, pollutants, chlorine, and hard water minerals.
Apart from removing traces of drugs from your hair, Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid Shampoo contains avocado oil, soybean oil, and aloe vera juice. These ingredients keep your scalp healthy and condition your hair as you wash it.
How to Remove THC From Hair Follicles With a Detox Shampoo
- Wash your hair with warm water.
- Massage shampoo into the scalp for 15 minutes.
- Leave for three minutes.
- Rinse with water.
- Repeat the process once every 3 to 10 days before the hair drug test. Use multiple times per day if you have less than 10 days. Make sure you’ve used the shampoo at least 15 times before the hair follicle test.
Method 2: The Macujo Method
The Macujo method is probably the most well-known method of eliminating drugs from the hair. It uses Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid Shampoo along with a few other ingredients for fast results and a synergistic effect.
What You'll Need
For this to work, you’ll need a combination of various cleansers:
- Heinz Vinegar
- Salicylic Acid Shampoo
- Tide Liquid Detergent
- Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid Shampoo
How to Pass a Hair Drug Screen Test Using The Macujo Method
- Put on a pair of gloves and goggles.
- Run warm water through your hair and apply the vinegar. Make sure it reaches into the scalp.
- Apply salicylic shampoo.
- Wear a shower cap and let the acids settle into the hair. Wait 30 minutes for the mixture to set. This may sting a little.
- Rinse off your hair then start using Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid shampoo.
- Repeat the previous step.
- Clean your hair with a few drops of detergent. Your scalp may turn red and sting.
- Repeat the process five times for three days at the minimum. If you have more time before your hair follicle drug test, do it once a day for 10 days.
Method 3: The Jerry G Method
Similar to the Macujo method, the Jerry G method uses Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid as a base, and involves dying and re-dying your hair. According to a research report, “After tests were run, it was concluded that bleached samples show a decrease for all cannabinoids content.”
If you choose this method, you better prepare to shave off all your hair afterward. Bleaching is proven to open up the hair cuticle, but it’s also severely damaging. That’s why most people would rather use the Macujo method to pass a hair test.
What You'll Need
Be sure to ask help from someone who has experience bleaching their hair before you try this process. It’s a strong substance that should be handled with care.
- Peroxide Bleach
- Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid Shampoo
- Ammonia-Based Hair Dye (In Your Natural Hair Color)
- Baking Soda
Removing Drug Metabolites With The Jerry G Method
- Bleach your hair then re-dye it to your natural hair color.
- Wash your hair using Old Style Aloe Rid Toxin Shampoo.
- Let your hair rest for 10 days then repeat the first two steps. If you don’t have enough time, wait until the day before your hair drug test to repeat steps 1 and 2.
- On the day of your hair drug test, make a thick mixture of baking soda and water. Apply it onto your hair, making sure to cover your entire scalp.
- Wash your hair with Old Style Aloe Rid Toxin Shampoo again.
Method 4: Get Rid of Drugs Using a Relaxer
If you have some experience using a relaxer, now’s the time to put that to good use. That’s because a relaxer is proven to extract drug metabolites from the hair.
Use both the relaxer and a detox shampoo a few days before your hair follicle test then repeat the process before the drug test itself. Same with the other methods, I recommend using a powerful clarifying shampoo like Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid Shampoo.
Method 5: Detox Your Hair The Naturally
If you’re wondering how to pass a hair drug test naturally, it shouldn’t be impossible with the steps below. This process is usually done to remove hair treatments, relaxers, or chemicals from the head.
What You'll Need
The ingredients you’ll need to create a hair detox mask are inexpensive and easy to find.
- Bentonite Clay Powder
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Aloe Vera Gel
- White Vinegar
- Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid shampoo
Steps to Eliminate Drugs From Your Head Naturally
- Combine half a cup each of all the ingredients.
- Apply the mixture on your hair. Be sure that it touches the scalp.
- Wear a shower cap and let the mask settle for half an hour.
- Rinse the hair with white vinegar.
- Use a clarifying shampoo like Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid shampoo to get rid of residual chemicals from the hair.
How to Choose the Best Way to Get Rid Of THC From The Hair
All of the methods above work, but it’s best to choose one based on the severity of your drug use. Light and occasional smokers can try less invasive methods, while heavy users should go for more extreme measures.
Additionally, those with coarse or curly hair should go for stronger methods. Thick hair holds more drug compounds, so you’ll need to take a few extra precautions.
How to Pass a Hair Drug Test With Dreadlocks
Dreadlocks can be a little tricky to clean, but the Macujo method should do the trick!
The big difference is that you have to wash your dreadlocks as many times per day as you can, and as many days as possible. Stock a lot of products in advance, so you don’t miss a day of washing.
You should also scrub extra deep. Buy a scalp scrubber from your local drugstore, since it can help clear the buildup inside your dreadlocks and cleanse each strand thoroughly. Discard the scrubber after every use to avoid reintroducing toxins.
As long as you dedicate a few days to a proper detox, you can beat any hair test! Just make sure to use a deep-cleansing clarifying shampoo, like Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid shampoo – if you’re a heavy user you can also add in hair purifying treatment like Zydot Ultra Clean.
If you want to learn more about these products and how they compare to the other big names on the market, then read our complete guide on the best hair detox shampoos.